The next edition of the Indian Ocean Island Games will take place from July 19th untill July 28th 2019 in Mauritius.
The Mauritian athletes involved in the 14 disciplines on the program are training to be able to be up to the time.
2000 participants from the
Comoros Islands · Madagascar · Maldives · Mauritius · Mayotte · Reunion · Seychelles
will compete in their respective disciplines.
- Athletics, Germain Comarmond Stadium, Bambous
- Basketball, Phoenix Gymnasium
- Badminton, National Badminton Center, Rose Hill
- Beach Volley, Mon Choisy Beach Volley Arena
- Boxing, National Boxing Center, Vacoas
- Cycling, Ebène-Verdun highway
- Football, Stade George V, Curepipe and Stade Anjalay, Belle-Vue, Stade Auguste Volaire, Flacq
- Weightlifting, James Burty David Gymnasium, Curepipe
- Judo, SVICC, Straws / (Malabar Gymnasium, Rodrigues)
- Swimming, Côte d'Or Swimming Pool
- Rugby, Medine Sports Complex
- Table tennis, National table tennis center, Beau-Bassin
- Sailing, Grand Bay Yacht Club / Anse La Raie Youth Center
- Volleyball, Pandit Sahadeo Gymnasium, Vacoas
After crossing some islands of the Indian Ocean, including Mayotte, Reunion and Rodrigues, the Flame of the Games began its journey on the soil of Mauritius, Sunday, July 7, at 13:00 at Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, and , in the presence of the Minister of Youth and Sports, Stephan Toussaint, and the COJI's CEO, Jean-Pierre Sauzier.